Monday, October 31, 2011

Serving Up Memories


One thing Helaina and I love to do, is check out our local thrift shops. On a recent trip, we were both looking for things to craft into picture frames. I ended up coming across something perfect to hang on my wall that would hold mementos from my time traveling in Europe this past year. As necessary for this blog, yes, it relates to food! What I ended up buying was a wooden serving tray. In it, I arranged some favorite pictures from locales such as England and France. To spice it up, I hot glued some French lavender onto the arrangement, since it is a flower that will stand the test of time as it dries, and a quote reading, "you need not worry about the future" from a fortune cookie. I draped some beads over it, and voilà, a nice photo tray on my wall, which serves up some beautiful and delicious memories. So if you have a little time on your hands, an old serving tray or dish lying around, and pictures that long to be put on display, give it a try!

-Ianna 




1 comment:

  1. you have different kinds of love with the food. Nice picture you have shared so far.
    Dhow cruise Dubai

    ReplyDelete