Saturday, August 25, 2012

All Purpose Coconut Body Moisturizer

SUPER EASY D.I.Y. BODY PRODUCT!

Try this out next time you need a new jar of all purpose moisturizing cream. It takes practically no time at all, and will always be completely custom, just how you like it. Also, this recipe is 100% vegan for all you cruelty free folks out there :D



All you need, really, is a jar of organic coconut oil. An electric mixer will come in handy too, although you could hand whisk this yourself, if you want to work out and tone those arm muscles. The choice is yours!

Just whip up the coconut oil (which will be a kind of soft but solid consistency at room temperature) until it is soft and airy like fresh whipped cream or meringue. You can leave it as is, unaltered coconut oil, or you can add other oils to make a unique scent or aromatherapy body moisturizer. I split mine into two smaller jars so that I could have more to choose from later.

In both half batches I used vitamin E oil which is good for the skin, and magnesium oil which is also good for skin but can also aid in muscle relaxation and pain relief. In one jar, I added about 20 drops each of peppermint oil and spearmint oil. This relaxing minty one I like to use on my feet and legs after I get home from work and after  showering. In the other jar, I added about 25 drops of grapefruit oil and about 20 drops of lemon extract. This refreshing minty one I like to use everyday as a hand cream. The jars of coconut moisturizer will harden up again at room temperature, but once you scoop some out with your fingers it will literally begin to melt as you apply it to your body.

Enjoy!

With love,
H.BOMB


No comments:

Post a Comment