Saturday, June 16, 2012

Take Out and Give Back


Have you ever bought something from a resale shop, and once you get home you find that there is an extra little goodie that was left inside of it? Like a cool pin or a crisp dollar bill? I bet it makes you feel like a little kid who had just uncovered some buried treasure. Or maybe a little like...

Courtesy of reactiongifs.com
Well, I have been collecting the fortunes from my fortune cookies for years now, and although I just can't bring myself to throw them away, I know the perfect way to pass them on: to turn them into buried treasure. 


For the past few days, I have been working on my annual closet clean out. I am constantly having to make room for the new by donating the old to thrift stores so someone else can enjoy what I once did. I thought the perfect way to pass on a little fortune and positivity, was to put my fortune slips in the pockets of clothing items that I am giving away. I know that one of my favorite parts of Chinese food, is the future-telling dessert. Those wise words and lucky numbers just always seem to make my day a little brighter. I guess what I am hoping by hiding them in the pockets of my donated clothing, is that it will make someone else's day a little brighter too. So, if you regularly save these mementos from your Chinese take-out, maybe it's time to pass them on?

-Ianna

No comments:

Post a Comment