Monday, July 30, 2012

Berry Cheesy Crescent Rolls

A seemingly fancy snack can be surprisingly simple.


A few days ago, my friend, Nikki, came over to throw back some beers, hang out, and make some food. I wanted to contribute something that was a more savory take on berries for the flavor of the month. Knowing that berry and cheese can at times compliment one another very nicely, I opted to make Berry Cheesey Crescent Rolls. 

Since I was feeling indecisive on which cheese or which types of berries to use, I decided to cook up a variety of stuffed crescent rolls comprised of strawberries, cranberries, brie, goat cheese, and some fresh herbs from my garden. It is still debatable which berry cheese combo was the best. My favorite was the strarberry, goat cheese, and thyme roll, while Nikki preferred the brie cheese and cranberry combination. I'll let you be the one to decide once you try it for yourself.

INGREDIENTS:
Pillsbury crescent roll dough
Brie cheese
Goat cheese
Strawberries (sliced, diced, or however you like 'em)
Dried cranberries
Fresh rosemary
Fresh thyme

All you have to do, is roll up each roll with a berry-cheese-herb mix of your choice, and get baking. They're quick, easy, and scrumptious.










-Ianna

No comments:

Post a Comment