Friday, July 6, 2012

Feelin' Berry Patriotic

Hello Love Handling followers. I hope everyone had a festive fourth of July that was full of good food, booze, entertainment, and company. I had a great 4th in San Diego, where I spent it with some of my best friends just eating some vegetarian BBQ food (not on purpose, but still delicious), and drinking lots of sangria (thus we couldn't drive to the fireworks show, but instead shared some giggles watching them on TV). It was potluck style, and there were some amazingly delicious contributions, such as baked mac 'n' cheese, and a wonderful caprese salad. One of my favorites was Mexican Street Corn, which I certainly plan on making one day because it was just oh so addicting. Here is the link to the recipe that was said to be used to make this fabulous tasting side.

Photo courtesy of Diane Twitchell
I personally opted to bring a sweet treat for the post-BBQ pig out, which introduces LHF's new flavor of the month: berry. With perfectly summer ripe strawberries and blueberries, I skewered them, drizzled them with chocolate, and then added colorful sprinkles, and some red, white, and blue star-shaped marshmallows. As they were not too heavy of a dessert, they were the perfect follow up to gorging ourselves on other foods from the potluck. The red, white, and blue color scheme added a berry nice and patriotic touch of color to the meal, and I mean c'mon, who can resist chocolate covered...well, anything?

-Ianna

No comments:

Post a Comment