Saturday, September 29, 2012

Nuts For Fruity Pasta Salad


Uncooked pasta (I used tri-colored rotini)
1/2 Granny Smith apple
1/2 Gala apple
1/2 Bartlett pear
1 cup walnuts (chopped, to your preference)
Feta cheese
Balsamic vinaigrette

Upon having one of my weekly dinners with my friend, Sarah, I opted to get a little creative with pasta salad. In my attempt to successfully mix sweet and savory, I think this recipe turned out to be a great success. Even Sarah, who was nervous to try the dish, loved it!

It's a super simple meal that can be prepared in about 10-15 minutes, and it fits a variety of occasions. All you have to do is cook the amount of pasta that you desire, and while it is cooking, chop up the amount of apple, pear, and walnuts that you wish to toss in the pasta salad. You can use more or less than I did, because it really all about personal preference for this dish. When the pasta is done cooking, drain it and run it under cold water until it has reached a cool temperature. Then, let it drain further, and add it to a serving bowl. Toss the pasta with the chopped fruit mix, and add the crumbled feta cheese. Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette.

If you're trying to lessen your carb intake, this dish would also taste great as an apple, pear, walnut, feta salad.

Enjoy!

-Ianna

No comments:

Post a Comment